Friday, November 13, 2009

Welcome!

Welcome!

My name is June Murphy and I am your new Region I Coordinator. I am taking over the position that Debbie Friedl has held for many years.  I am pleased to announce that Debbie has been appointed to the position of IAWP's Executive Director where she will continue to do a great job representing the IAWP and will help lead the association towards the future.

I look forward to the next few years as your Region I Coordinator as we continue to grow and strengthen the IAWP.  I plan to continue the work of the women before me - keeping the IAWP the great organization it has been over the years - by encouraging all of us to learn from each other, to keep moving forward in our careers and to enjoy the friendships that we make along the way.

I would also like to introduce you to the new Region I Blog.  This blog will be used to keep you informed of what the IAWP is up to and will be used to provide you with information on the events and happenings in Region I, including upcoming trainings, conferences, social and charity events as well as promotions, commendations and awards for excellent work in policing by our members.

I invite your input on the blog and on any news and events you wish to share with the members of Region I. You can do this by adding your comments to the blog posts or emailing me at iawpregion1@gmail.com.